B. Applying the Distance Formula
- The distance formula is used to find the distance between any two points on the graph.
- The distance formula is
- The distance formula comes from applying the Pythagorean Theorem to a right triangle ABC to find the distance (d) between A (x1, y1) and B (x2, y2).
(AB)2 = (AC)2 + (BC)2
d2 = (x2 - x1)2 + (y2 - y1)2
- Label the points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2).
- Substitute the values into the formula.
- Simplify the expression.
- Round to the nearest 100th when necessary.